References from dna Nutrigenomix's report
Vitamin A: BCMO1 Elevated. Focus on consuming pre-formed sources of vitamin A.
· Lietz G et al. Single nucleotide polymorphisms upstream from the β-carotene 15,15'-monoxygenase gene influence provitamin A conversion efficiency in female volunteers. Journal of Nutrition. 2012;142:161S-5S.
Vitamin B12: FUT2 Elevated. Focus on consuming bioavailable sources of vitamin B12.
· Hazra A et al. Common variants of FUT2 are associated with plasma vitamin B12 levels. Nature Genetics. 2008 Oct;40(10):1160-2.
· Tanwar VS et al. Common variant in FUT2 gene is associated with levels of vitamin B(12) in Indian population. Genetics. 2013;515:224-8.
Vitamin C: GSTT1 Elevated. Meet the RDA for vitamin C daily.
· Cahill LE et al. Functional genetic variants of glutathione S-transferase protect against serum ascorbic acid deficiency. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2009;90:1411-1417.
Vitamin D: GC and CYP2R1 Elevated. Consume 1000 IU (25 mcg) vitamin D daily.
· Slater NA et al. Genetic Variation in CYP2R1 and GC Genes Associated With Vitamin D Deficiency Status. J Pharmacy Practice. 2015:1-6.
· Wang TJ et al. Common genetic determinants of vitamin D insufficiency: a genome-wide association study. Lancet. 2010;376:180-88.
Low iron status: TMPRSS6, TFR2, TF Elevated. Meet the RDA for iron and consume sources of vitamin C with iron-rich foods.
· Benyamin B et al. Variants in TF and HFE explain approximately 40% of genetic variation in serum-transferrin levels. American Journal of Human Genetics. 2009a;84:60–65.
· Benyamin B et al. Common variants in TMPRSS6 are associated with iron status and erythrocyte volume. Nature Genetics. 2009b;41:1173–1175.
· Ganesh SK et al. Multiple loci influence erythrocyte phenotypes in the CHARGE Consortium. Nat Genet. 2009 Nov;41(11):1191-8. doi: 10.1038/ng.466.
· Pichler I et al. Identification of a common variant in the TFR2 gene implicated in the physiological regulation of serum iron levels. Hum Mol Genet. 2011 Mar 15;20(6):1232-40. doi: 10.1093/hmg/ddq552. Calcium: GC Elevated. Consume 1200 mg of calcium daily.
· Fang Y et al. Vitamin D binding protein genotype and osteoporosis. Calcif Tissue Int. 2009;85:85-93.
Caffeine: CYP1A2 Elevated. Limit caffeine intake to 200 mg/day.
· Cornelis et al. Coffee, CYP1A2 genotype, and risk of myocardial infarction. Journal of the American Medical Association. 2006;295:1135-41.
· Palatini et al. Association of coffee consumption and CYP1A2 polymorphism with risk of impaired fasting glucose in hypertensive patients. Eur J Epidemiol. 2015;30(3):209-17.
· Palatini et al. CYP1A2 genotype modifies the association between coffee intake and the risk of hypertension. J Hypertens. 2009;27(8):1594-601.Energy balance: UCP1 Diminished. Aim for an energy deficit of 650 calories/day from your calculated energy needs for weight loss.
· Nagai N et al. UCP1 genetic polymorphism (-3826A/G) diminishes resting energy expenditure and thermoregulatory sympathetic nervous system activity in young females. Int J Obesity. 2011;35:1050-5.
Saturated and unsaturated fat: FTO Enhanced. Limit intake of saturated fat to no more than 10% of energy. Consume at least 5% of energy from polyunsaturated fat.
· Phillips CM, Kesse-Guyot E, McManus R, Hercberg S, Lairon D, Planells R, Roche HM. High dietary saturated fat intake accentuates obesity risk associated with the fat mass and obesity-associated gene in adults. J Nutr. 2012 May;142(5):824-31. doi: 10.3945/jn.111.153460.
· Rodrigues et al. A single FTO gene variant rs9939609 is associated with body weight evolution in a multiethnic extremely obese population that underwent bariatric surgery. Nutrition. 2015;31:1344-50.
Lactose: MCM6 Elevated. Limit dairy intake.
· Al-Abri et al. Distribution of the lactase persistence-associated variant alleles -13910*T and -13915*G among the people of Oman and Yeman. Hum Biol. 2012;84(3):271-286.
· Canadian Digestive Health Foundation. (c2016). Lactose intolerance. Available from: http://www.cdhf.ca/en/disorders/details/id/13
· Dzialanski et al. Lactase persistence versus lactose intolerance: Is there an intermediate phenotype? Clinical Biochemistry. 2015. doi: 10.1016/j.clinbiochem.2015.11.001.
· Enattah et al. Identification of a variant associated with adult-type hypolactasia. Nature Genetics. 2002;30:233-7.
· Enattah et al. Independent introduction of two lactase-persistence alleles into human populations reflects different history of adaptation to milk culture. Am J Hum Gen. 2008;82:57-72.
· Hassan et al. Genetic diversity of lactase persistence in East African populations. BMC Res Notes. 2016;9:8.
· Hill et al. Brief communication: effect of nomadic subsistence practices on lactase persistence associated genetic variation in Kuwait. Am J Physical Anthro. 2013;152:140-144.
· Imtiaz et al. The T/G-13915 variant upstream of the lactase gene (LCT) is the founder allele of lactase persistence in an urban Saudi population. J Med Genet. 2007;44:e89.
· Itan et al. A worldwide correlation of lactase persistence phenotype and genotypes. BMC Evolutionary Biology. 2010;10:36.
· Koek et al. The T-13910C polymorphism in the lactase phlorizin hydrolase gene is associated with differences in serum calcium levels and calcium intake. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 2010;25:1980-7.
· Morales et al. The European lactase persistence genotype determines the lactase persistence state and correlates with gastrointestinal symptoms in the Hispanic and Amerindian Chilean population: a case-control and population-based study. BMJ. 2011;1:e000125.
· Raz et al. Frequency of LCT-13910C/T and LCT-22018G/A single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with adult-type hypolactasia/lactase persistence among Israelis of different ethnic groups. Gene. 2013;519:67-70.
Fat taste perception: CD36 Enhanced. You have an enhanced ability to sense the fatty taste of foods.
· Melis et al. Associations between orosensory perception of oleic acid, the common single nucleotide polymorphisms (rs1761667 and rs157483) in the CD36 gene, and 6-n-propylthiouracil (PROP) tasting. Nutrients. 2015;7:2068-2084.
· Lopez et al. Genetic variant in the CD36 gene (rs1761667) is associated with higher fat intake and high serum cholesterol among the population of West Mexico. J Nutr Food Sci. 2015;5:353.
Eating between meals: MC4R Elevated. You are more likely to eat between meals.
· Stutzmann F et al. Common genetic variation near MC4R is associated with eating behaviour patterns in European populations. Int J Obes. 2009;33:373-378.
Pain: COMT Enhanced. You have a heightened pain tolerance.
· Tammimäki A, Männistö PT. Catechol-O-methyltransferase gene polymorphism and chronic human pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2012;22(9):673-91.
· Zubieta et al. COMT val[sup158]met genotype affects μ-Opioid Neurotransmitter Responses to a Pain Stressor. Science. 2003;299:1240-3.